Friday, August 13, 2010

Pop-Tarts World: a True Destination

I am so there.

I'm counting the pennies now so I can book my ticket to NYC and frequent Pop-Tarts World.

This is such a great idea!

Where else but Times Square would such a place be? (OK, maybe Las Vegas, but they don't have one yet.)

So Pop-Tarts World is now open. Here's the deal: You go in, order all manner of Pop-Tarts-filled items and then chow down.

First of all, you can get your standard fill of the pastry goodness, the traditional Pop-Tarts, in a massive variety of flavors. You can get them toasted (the old reliable). You can get them frozen (Don't knock it till you try it!). You can get them at room temperature (with a little butter, perhaps?)

You can get them as sushi.

Yep, it's the idea, not the product. No seafood products to be found therein, although you could be forgiven for thinking so by looking at it. It's actually crumbled up Pop-Tarts inside a strip of rolled up fruit.

Want your Pop-Tarts frosted? No problem. Want them unfrosted? Again, no problem.

Want to get a bunch, served by a robot? Once again, no problem, with the Varietizer, a giant machine that lets you choose up to six flavors and then, using a robotic arm, delivers the boxes to your waiting little hands (provided that you've paid, of course).

Among the nontraditional yet yummy options on offer:

  • Snickerdoodle cookies
  • Chunky chocolate chippers
  • Peach blueberry cobbler
  • S'More Stix
  • Pop-Tarts trail mix


It's not all hot and warm, however. You can get cold offerings as well, including

  • Apple pie a la mode
  • Strawberry milkshake
  • S'More Pa-lease
  • Pop-Tarts Ice Cream Sammys


Like I said, count me in, big time. It's taking me back, and I'll want to go back.

2 comments:

  1. I saw it last week when I was in NYC (but before the NY Times article came out). It perplexed me from across the street. I decided against crossing. I can live with that decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I popped my pop tart cherry in the UK. I fear that my mortal soul may well be at risk should I come near those delicious toasted tasty treats ever again.

    ReplyDelete